A vital part of our personal growth in OA that serves to deepen and enhance our recovery is service. All OA members share a responsibility for the operation of OA. We encourage you to consider being of service to our OASV fellowship.
For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
To listen to a podcast on the value and importance of service, click here.
Please take a moment to check out the open service positions below.
- Intergroup Vice Chair – 6 months abstinence required, 2 year term
- Region 2 Representative – 1 year abstinence, 2 year term
- Intergroup Representative (IR) – every group needs an IR!
- PI/PO Coordinator – 1 year abstinence, 2 year term (NOTE: position opens end of December 2021)
- Publicity Coordinator – 1 year abstinence, 2 year term
- Temporary Sponsor Coordinator – 3 months abstinence, 2 year term
- Workshop Coordinator – 3 months abstinence, 2 year term
- OASV Webmaster – 3 months abstinence, 2 year term
- OASV Blog Editor – 3 months abstinence, 2 year term (NOTE: position opens end of December 2021)
OASV Committees need your support – please consider stepping up to be of love and service on one of our committees.
- Public Information/Professional Outreach (PI/PO) Committee Member – 6 months abstinence for presenters + info table staff (must be at or near a healthy weight); other roles on this committee do not have an abstinence requirement, 2 year term
- 12th Step Within Committee Member – reach out on the 12th of each month!
Additional positions are available for your consideration in service to our Annual Serenity Retreat. To view the various open positions, please click here!