For purposes of this Agreement, “Service” refers to the Organization’s service, which can be accessed via our website at https://www.oasv.org/. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Organization. “You” refers to you, as a user of the Service.
- Last modified
- Purpose of this policy
- What data do we collect?
- Information collection, use, and sharing
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
- Your access to and control over information
- Surveys & contests
Purpose of this Policy
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What data do we collect?
Our Organization collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number)
- Your area(s) of interest
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Organization with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to attend an event or complete our contact form to place an inquiry or to request information.
- Voluntarily complete a member survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Organization collects your data so that we can:
- Process your inquiries, manage your account.
- Email you with information on meetings or events we think you might like.
- To advise you of useful information that we can provide to you as a compulsive eater.
- To send you our newsletter and links to our blog, as well as other useful information that might be of interest to you as a compulsive eater.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to register you to attend an event.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only members who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, to respond to a request for a pamphlet or to register for an event) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
How do we store your data?
Our Organization securely stores your data on our website, which is protected by a security firewall provide by our hosting company and MailChimp, which is our email service provider.
Our Organization will keep your data (personal identification information, your email, and anything requested) for as long as our Organization continues to operate. Once we discontinue operations, we will use available technology to wipe clean all electronic devices warehousing such data.
We implement reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Information and ensure that such Personal Information is not accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Our Organization would like to send you information about meetings and events of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Organization from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Organization would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Organization for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request Our Organization correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Organization to complete information that you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Organization erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Organization restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Organization’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Organization transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call us at 408-940-6278.
Or write to us at:
C/O Webmaster/Data Security
PO Box 5603
San Jose, CA 95150
What are cookies?
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Technically speaking, cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Organization uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Organization uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Organization sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the allaboutcookies.org website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
How to Contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +1 (408) 940-6278
Or write to us at:
C/O Webmaster/Data Security
PO Box 5603
San Jose, CA 95150 USA
How to contact the appropriate authority:
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Organization has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company or Information Commissioner’s Office
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
In order to receive emails/newsletters/blogs/requests for a newcomer packet from this website, a user must first complete the contact form <insert link to Contact Us>or a designated registration form. During registration or upon completion of the contact form, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the meetings/events/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
From time-to-time, our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate, and, therefore, disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and mailing address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level).
Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and user satisfaction of this site.