Annual OA Serenity Retreat – Save the Date: April 22-24, 2022
Typically, the Annual OA Serenity Retreat is held at the Villa Maria Del Mar Retreat Center in Santa Cruz, California. In 2022, from Friday through Sunday, April 22-24, we hope you’ll join us at the in-person retreat for a meaningful community experience at this beautiful retreat center nestled along the shore of the Pacific ocean.
We look forward to this annual event and encourage you to become a part of this amazing recovery weekend that can either serve to help jumpstart your recovery, or provide a welcome recharge of your spiritual condition.
2022 Registration opens August 1, 2021
Registration for the 2022 annual retreat will open on Thursday, August 1, 2021. We encourage you to come back to this web page for additional details. More will be posted as details are worked-out and finalized.
Enjoy the April 2021 Retreat – Listen to the Podcasts!
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and shelter in place public health order, the 2021 retreat was offered online, rather than in-person. To listen to a complete selection of audio recordings of the guest speaker, please click here.
- According to the feedback provided by the post-retreat online survey, 87.5% of respondents assigned a rating of “Excellent” to the 2021 retreat – the remaining 12.5% assigned a rating of “Very Good!”
Villa Maria Del Mar Retreat Center
The annual OA Serenity retreat is open to all OA members and promises to help you find a closer connection to your Higher Power and a deeper understanding of the Twelve Steps.
At the 2022 in-person retreat, you may decide to attend every workshop, skip one or two, take a walk on the beach, sit and meditate, or even learn to hula hoop and boogie board. There is no right or wrong way to “do” YOUR retreat.
Make a Retreat Contribution – your generosity enables OA Serenity Retreat Scholarships!
To make a contribution of any size towards the retreat, please use the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute via Zelle (through your bank or credit union), or to make a contribution using the PayPal app. All contributions will go towards enabling OA members who are unable to afford the entire cost of the retreat, to attend via a deeply discounted “scholarship” price. Thank you for your generosity!
Rewarding Service Opportunity – Join the Retreat Team Today!
Are you looking for a rewarding service opportunity? We are looking for people eager to work on the 2022 OASV Serenity Retreat Planning Committee to assist with this annual event. If you are interested and would like to review the open committee positions to gain an understanding of roles and responsibilities, please view the list of open positions below.
The term of service for each of these positions is for 2 years. All but one of the primary roles have been filled, but we hope to also find “alternates” to assist with our retreat planning efforts, to step in should the primary position-holder fall ill (or need to step down), and to help ensure continuity in the year to come.
- Publicity Coordinator – 3 months abstinence
- Alternate Chairperson – 6 months abstinence
- Alternate Program Chair – 1 month abstinence
- Alternate Treasurer – 3 months abstinence
- Alternate Publicity Coordinator – 3 months abstinence
- Alternate Registration Coordinator – 6 months abstinence
- Alternate Hospitality Coordinator – 1 month abstinence
If you are interested in any of the above open positions, please send email to: email@example.com with your desired position.
If you are available to be of love and service in another capacity, please check out the various other open OASV service positions by clicking here!