It is helpful to carefully review the regularly updated contents of this website and other OA websites, and to read through the information found under the Get Started menu tab.
Additionally, we invite you to familiarize yourself with some of our OA literature.
Expressly for the Family & Friends of compulsive eaters:
- To the Family of the Compulsive Eater: Family Involvement Is an Individual Choice…
- To Parents and Concerned Adults
This is a list of OA-approved literature expressly for the compulsive eater and for those interested in helping them (for the most up-to-date list, please visit the OA online bookstore):
- Where Do I Start?: Everything a Newcomer Needs to Know
- To the Newcomer: You’re not Alone Anymore…
- To the Young Person
- Pocket Reference for OA Members
- Anonymity: The Meaning and Application of Traditions Eleven and Twelve
- Overeaters Anonymous, Third Edition
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition
- For Today
- Voices of Recovery: A Daily Reader
- Just For Today Wallet Card
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition – our basic textbook for Twelve Step recovery
- Abstinence, Second Edition
- Beyond Our Wildest Dreams: A History of Overeaters Anonymous as Seen by the Founder
- Body Image, Relationships, and Sexuality: Personal Journeys to Recovery in Overeaters Anonymous
- A New Beginning: Stories of Recovery from Relapse
- Seeking the Spiritual Path: A Collection from Lifeline
- Taste of Lifeline
- Lifeline Sampler
- A Common Solution: Diversity and Recovery
- Black OA Members Share Their Experience, Strength, and Hope
- To the Man Who Wants to Stop Compulsive Overeating, Welcome
- Strong Abstinence Checklist and Writing Exercises Wallet Card
- Twelve Stepping a Problem Wallet Card
- Carrying the Message Wallet Card
By attending in-person meetings wherever available, you and your loved one may receive various informative OA pamphlets as well as the meeting guide at no cost.
During this pandemic, given the vast majority of meetings have moved online, we are encouraging those seeking literature to visit the online bookstore. To do so, please click here!