OA Silicon Valley (OASV) in-person meetings typically provide a wide variety of OA-approved literature for sale (in English and Spanish – other languages available upon request) as well as offering pamphlets and meeting guides for free.
During the pandemic, however, with many of our local meetings having moved to an online format, we are inviting our members, and anyone else who may be interested in OA literature, to visit the OA online bookstore to review and purchase any desired books, pamphlets, or other available products.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with some of our OA literature (please check the online bookstore for the most up-to-date information).
For the Family & Friends of compulsive eaters:
- To the Family of the Compulsive Eater: Family Involvement Is an Individual Choice…
- To Parents and Concerned Adults
For the compulsive eater and those interested in helping them:
- Where Do I Start?: Everything a Newcomer Needs to Know
- To the Newcomer: You’re not Alone Anymore…
- To the Young Person
- Pocket Reference for OA Members
- Anonymity: The Meaning and Application of Traditions Eleven and Twelve
- Overeaters Anonymous, Third Edition
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition
- For Today
- Voices of Recovery: A Daily Reader
- Just For Today Wallet Card
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition – our basic textbook for Twelve Step recovery
- Abstinence, Second Edition
- Beyond Our Wildest Dreams: A History of Overeaters Anonymous as Seen by the Founder
- Body Image, Relationships, and Sexuality: Personal Journeys to Recovery in Overeaters Anonymous
- A New Beginning: Stories of Recovery from Relapse
- Seeking the Spiritual Path: A Collection from Lifeline
- Taste of Lifeline
- Lifeline Sampler
- A Common Solution: Diversity and Recovery
- Black OA Members Share Their Experience, Strength, and Hope
- To the Man Who Wants to Stop Compulsive Overeating, Welcome
- Strong Abstinence Checklist and Writing Exercises Wallet Card
- Twelve Stepping a Problem Wallet Card
- Carrying the Message Wallet Card
The Overeaters Anonymous online bookstore offers a wide variety of books, pamphlets, and digital products, as well as recovery and milestone medallions (special “coins” provided to celebrate milestones in recovery).
If you are new to OA and would like to receive our pamphlet entitled, Where Do I Start? Everything a Newcomer Needs to Know through the mail (at no cost to you, but provided for free by the OASV Intergroup) then send an email, with your request (along with any questions you may have), to: newtoOA@oasv.org. Please allow the usual time for delivery by mail (typically, 2-5 days).